Vim-puzzles are short text puzzles that only require a basic knowledge of the text editor, Vim. This is made for beginner to advanced Vim users. While I still have a lot to learn, I hope that this is a good starting point for beginners to learn more advanced stuff.
The aim of this is to test your Vim knowledge and to allow beginners to practice their skills. Some of these exercises are common–you would have encountered them already. Some were designed to test how much more you can optimize your Vim skills.
- Fork the project
- Create your own exercises (I usually come up with exercises while coding them - like the refactoring and block exercises)
- Create a new md file in
_postwith the filename YYYY-MM-DD-puzzle-name.md
- Your puzzle name could be a puzzle description, red herring or clue
- Remember to add the following YAML Front Matter to the file:
- layout: exercise_layout
- stroke_count: 4 #number of keystrokes
- title: words #same as puzzle-name in filename or the link name you want to appear at the side
- Add instructions below your exercise
- Send me a pull request
- For now, just email me. Support for showing solutions coming soon!